Coastal Roots Health Centre is happy to announce that we are offering direct billing for Chiropractic, Naturopathic, Massage Therapy and Custom Orthotics in both our Victoria and Sooke locations.  What this means for you is spending less money, with little-to-none out-of-pocket cashola for the upstanding quality care you are receiving, and the ease of never having to process those claims yourselves.

We are excited to partner with the following extended health insurance providers:

  • Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance
  • Claim Secure
  • Desjardins Insurance
  • First Canadian
  • Great-West Life
  • Group Health
  • Group Source
  • Industrial Alliance
  • Johnson Inc.
  • Johnston Group Inc.
  • Manulife Financial
  • Maximum Benefit
  • Medavie Blue Cross
  • Pacific Blue Cross
  • Sun Life Financial


Our clinic will be requesting your 3rd party healthcare provider information from you upon your first visit. Please fill out the online form that we will be sending you prior to your visit so that we may confirm that your provider offers online processing.

We are grateful to work with every single individual and look forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions, or would like to update your healthcare contact information, please feel free to contact our Victoria or Sooke clinic locations.


What else should I know about Direct Billing?

Does my insurance company cove the entire treatment? That will depend on your chosen plan. Your healthcare provider plan might cover the full amount, while some other plans may only cover partial visits fees (80%, leaving the 20% remainder for you to pay).

Your provider may also only cover specific aspects of your treatments. For example, you may be fully covered for your naturopathic visit, but the supplements are not covered.

You should also check to see is there is a deductible that must be met (say $350) before the provider starts chipping in.

*As a helpful tip, check to see if you are close to meeting the cap that your chosen healthcare provider has agreed to cover (e.g. $2000) At this time, we are unable to check into the details of your individualized plan. If you do have preliminary questions, please contact your provider to verify your max coverage, the possible annual deductible, and/or the details of your coverage.

As a side note, direct billing does not cover missed appointment fees, as the provider can only cover the treatment cost when you show up for the appointment. Your healthcare provider will also not cover for any prepaid appointments.

If you have any additional questions that your healthcare provider can not answer for you, please feel free to contact our clinics. We hope this was helpful for you and look forward to making your life easier through our clinic’s direct billing software capabilities.